Friday, August 1, 2008

Reflections....





Well there has been so much going on these days. It is hard to believe almost a year has passed by since moving to little rock! Last weekend (as some of you know) was my birthday! 3 cheers for me… ha ha. I had a grand time with my new friends here in AR. You know I am going to give you the blow by blow so here we go….

Before my birthday weekend we had just finished a week long VBS at TBC and it went really well…lots of kids. Aaron and I taught the K-3rd grade class…what a fun bunch! Anyway…Friday night we got together with Melissa, Matt, Rebecca and Paul for a fun night filled with homemade pizza and games! It was a blast hanging out with some of my newest, so to be dearest friends. I wish you all could have been there.

Saturday was very packed…Aaron hosted the 1st annual musician’s cookout for TBC. Most of the day was spent hauling things over to April & Mike McFarland’s house (the couple keeping Lucy) since the Ledford’s don’t have a house YET (more about that at the bottom)! Since it was my birthday weekend I spend the morning lounging around watching BONES…one of my favorite shows! It was great… I didn’t get out of my PJ’s until almost noon! We went to my favorite restaurant for lunch…any guesses…yep, Chick-fil-a! after which we took Paul on a tour of our soon to be new home (more to come), followed by grocery shopping…and let me just say trying to shop with 2 men is a nightmare… ha ha. JK! Once we had all the vittles secured we dropped them off at the McFarland’s and went back to the church for a few minutes of down time before the party began. The cookout was a smashing success…we had about 40ish people show and had tons of fun.

Sunday was an event filled day as well…it was my office birthday day! Yahoo! It was also my last week for a while on the praise team (we have the teams set-up on a rotation bases), and I tried my best to interpret for a deaf lady at our church. It is really great using sign language to communicate God’s Word…now I just have to work really REALLY hard to remember all the signs I once knew! After church Aaron took me to a really nice steak restaurant for lunch. After which we went on the hunt for my present. I had asked for a new vacuum cleaner and he wanted me to pick it out. I have to tell you I did NOT get a vacuum cleaner…we ended up replacing the filters on our old one since we have never done that! The old filters were 3 years old!! Yikes! Aaron did buy me Season 1-2 of NCIS another show I really like…so in the end it was ok that I didn’t get the vacuum cleaner!

Ok, so Sunday night we had to go to 2 different small group bible studies and make an announcement about an evangelism opportunity we are going to have in a few weeks at TBC. So we drove way out to the boonies to the other McFarland’s house (Jeff & Christy…Jeff is Mike’s brother) and made the announcement. Then we drove back to civilization and went to Jimmy & Kathy Eldrod’s house for another get together. Jimmy coaches the church softball team that Aaron is a part of…jimmy also sings in the choir and we are working on getting Kathy to join the choir. Anywho…the weekend was filled with lots of fun, good food and great fellowship!

Okay now to the house… I know you have been on pins and needles waiting. Drum roll please….we are moving out of the church and into our new home August 29 weekend (Labor Day weekend...I have Labor Day off)! I don’t have any pictures yet, but hopefully will have some soon. The house currently belongs to Sue & Jerry Kidd from TBC. We are going to do a lease to own like our Wylie house…once we close on the Wylie house we can close on the AR house. It is 3 bed, 2 bath, and 1497 square feet and has a back yard that makes the plains of TX look small!! We are so very pumped! We can’t wait to have windows, our puppy and all our home things again! I have to say I will probably miss the church…it sure does get really dark anytime of the day, making sleeping-in very easy. Plus, we all know how hard change is (especially for me)…I would be lying if I didn’t say I am a bit nervous…but from what I hear that is normal. We are very excited about the house though, there is tons of potential and we have plans already on how we want to re-do/redecorate it. We may even get to start moving boxes in earlier than the official move date. The Kidd’s are a great family and so generous to us. We feel so blessed that God brought such a sweet & precious family into our lives.

Anyways…that is all I have time for now… I must get to work! Until later…bye!

No comments: