Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The day after tomorrow.


Time is flying by…we are moving the day after tomorrow. I am so not ready! Ha ha…yeah right! Life is a crazy “mess” right now. I am so busy at work I can’t think straight most nights when I get home. You ever have one of those days where your mind is spinning in about 5 million directions that you just want to slap yourself to focus?! Yeah…that would be me right now at work. What can I say…that’s busy season.

Church is going really great! Aaron is preparing for Christmas already (man it’s only a few short months away)! Each week I have been interpreting for a deaf lady at our church. It is great fun, but every week I am reminded how much sign language I have forgotten! Since life is a crazy “mess” I haven’t had the time to devote to remembering what I have forgotten…so she helps me. I will sign something or fingerspell something and she will show me the correct sign. It really helps with the friendship bond.

Some Sunday’s we can get to laughing and she will tease me about signing…I am thankful that God allowed me to take sign language because until I started signing she would come to church and just sit there. She can read lips really well and she can hear “noises” (more like vibrations) better than most, but she can’t hear. She first came to church through our food pantry ministry. She was saved and baptized and has been coming ever since. Some Sunday’s she brings some deaf friends. I am hoping and praying that when I am fluent again I might be able to start a class at church to teach how to sign that way more of our church family can talk to her. We’ll see…

My parents were in town last night and we were able to take them by the house…the next time they will be in town will be October (they and my high school teachers, the Dawsons, will come over for dinner one night) their company will be doing a seminar in Little Rock during that time. I wanted to show them the before and they will see the after. Mom is just as excited as I am…Aaron and dad are men (they’re happy if we’re happy). Aaron is excited though…I think he is ready to have a home that’s ours again and to have the opportunity to take Lucy for a walk at nights like we use to in Wylie.

Aaron’s dad is coming into town tomorrow and spending the night with us to help with the big move…his mom and grandparents will follow on Friday evening after mom gets out of school (she’s a high school algebra teacher). They are going to spend the weekend with us unpacking. We aren’t sure if they are going to go home on Sunday or Monday. We are really glad they are coming…we haven’t seen them in a long time.

Last night Aaron and I, along with my folks, went and looked some hotels that Aaron’s family could stay in this weekend since we won’t be unpacked…I suggested camping out with us, but they want to stay at a hotel. Anyway, let’s just say some of the ones we went into were really scary! I think we found a nice one that is very affordable in Bryant (the town we are moving too).

Well I guess I need to get off and do some work….since I am leaving early to go to the foot doctor. Hopefully this will be my last visit. I have had 3 shots in my right foot and 2 in my left over the course of 3-4 months. The shots hurt like you wouldn’t believe! I have planter fasciitis really bad in both feet. Hence the shots and all the trips to the doctor. Anywho…today I have another appointment and I am hoping no more shots! Think happy thoughts today!

Until later….

1 comment:

reneamac said...

yeah, i hate those shots