Friday, August 22, 2008

The Count Down begins...and is nearly over!


WOW! Hard to believe in just 7 short days we will be moved into our new house! Yikes! Okay, for those of you who haven’t gotten crazy phone calls from me announcing the days, and hours left until the big move let me bring you up to speed:

We officially move NEXT Friday, August 29, 2008! I have been counting down since 3 weeks ago…recently I have been known to call someone and announce, “10 days, 17 hours and 34 minutes!” ….Bet you can’t you tell I am excited?!

“What’s the game plan?” you may ask…here it is… we have several men from our church coming to the church at 8:00 a.m. to move us out of the church. I am leaving the “where to begin loading” task for Aaron… All I know is, I have packed up basically the entire apartment, moved all the boxes to our upstairs storage room, and am planning the menu on what to feed the “boys” when they come to help us. Not to mention planning/practicing my “bossy voice” so I can direct traffic…jk!

We are renting a truck to move…we decided it would go much faster if we loaded and unloaded everything at once instead of making multiple trips in pick-up trucks. Plus, it has been really rainy here so just in case the pattern of thunderstorms continues we don’t have to worry about everything getting soaked through.

Okay…what else has been happening here (besides me becoming obsessed with moving)?! We have been so busy the days/weeks are flying by. We are doing an outreach program at church and that has consumed most of Aarons days getting ready for it all. There is a new sub-division only a few miles from the church and we went and pasted out flyers last weekend advertising our church’s outreach program…painting their house number on their curb! We have had a great response so far…over 100 homes I believe.

Here is how it works…we handed out (or hung flyers on their doors) inviting them to call and make an appointment where our church’s “curb painting team” could come out and paint their house number on their curb for FREE. No cost to them…all they had to do is call, make the appointment and guarantee someone will be home when we come by so that we can talk with them, and they can watch us paint. (Wink, wink, which is where the evangelism comes in…get it?).

We were scheduled to paint Thursday night, Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday night this week, but because of the rain we had to try to move the Thursday & Friday appointments to Saturday/Sunday or possibly next weekend…don’t worry if we have to paint next weekend it will not stop me from moving….NOTHING could stop me…I am a very motivated lady!

Anyways…the entire church is really excited about this. In fact when we went out last Sunday night you could feel the excitement building. By the time we were going back to the church so many were practically beaming and excited…there was more talking riding home then there was headed to the sub-division. It was great!

Well… my job is going well. Lots going on there and I don’t have the time to go into detail today. I will do that later. We are gearing up for our busy season to begin in 3 weeks. Basically in September and October I will be gone on a trip almost every week. 2x some weeks. It is going to be crazy…please pray for me.

Well I must sign off for now, but I will ask that you pray for some family friends of ours…they are going through a really rough time right now…I don’t feel comfortable telling their names, but pray for them. They are having major health issues on both sides of the family and trouble finding a job (which we all know can cause financial difficulties). Please remember them in your prayers.

Until next time!

No comments: