Thursday, August 28, 2008

The “before” of the new house…

Well for those of you who have been after me begging for pictures of the new house. Here you go….keep in mind the curtains are not ours! After you read this blog scroll down to see the pictures…

The front of the house…the front yard is huge like the back yard, plus we have the humongous flower bed that stretches the full length of the fence. Everything you see in the pictures is part of our property!

The inside of the house…the first one is the view from the front door when you first walk in (curtains not ours); the second is the dining room/kitchen. After we close on the house we are going to remove the cupboards that are creating that “wall” between the two…it will open it up a bunch! The third, hard to see picture is my sink… I have a window right above it!!! Hooray! Remember…curtain not mine.

Finally the huge backyard…Lucy’s new haven!! Last Saturday while we were doing the pre-clean I went into the back yard and there was the biggest rabbit! Aaron said Lucy is going to have fun catching that one! Okay…that’s all for now. After we get settled in I will take more pictures!

Here is the plan for after we close on the house:
1. Install a storm door… I need more light! I have been living in a dark room for 9 months. Me want light!
2. Install a vent-a-hood/microwave, matching stove & dishwasher
3. Knock down the cupboards creating the wall in the kitchen/dining room. Re-hang them else where…TBD
4. Paint, paint, paint
5. Install a mantle above the fireplace…I am thinking one of the little shelf-like mantles
6. Install new blinds…the wood kind. Right now they are the aluminum kind.
7. Update the light fixtures and door knobs

Now keep in mind all of those things won’t be done at once…we are going to have to pace ourselves! Okay. I must work now…I can’t believe the big day is tomorrow!!

Until later….

1 comment:

Christine Hand Jones said...

So, you really can't stand the curtains... :)