Monday, March 16, 2009

Stepping Out on Faith…

As some of you may know I have put in my 2 weeks resignation at my current job at CGI, Inc. and am going to trust in the Lord and peruse teaching voice as my “career”. Here are most of the details:

In January I had several meetings with my supervisors to discuss my job/position, how I was performing, how they perceived I was doing and what I thought of the position since I had been working as the MPA (Meeting Planning Assistant) for a few months. Long story short…I really began to think about whether or not I wished to continue down this career path or if I wished to pursue something using my degree and the gifts God has given me.

Last November/December (prior to those meetings) I had begun to take the necessary steps to start a Music Studio in our home. Sometime during January Ledford Music Studio was born. I began teaching the first week of February… I had one student (a lady from our church). Half-way through the month I auditioned my 2nd student and I currently have those two students.

A few weeks ago I had a follow-up meeting with the company CEO. We basically recapped what had taken place during those January meetings. During this whole time (January-March) Aaron and I had been discussing Ledford Music Studio, my desire to see it grow and how difficult that is with me working a full-time job. We began to consider the possibility of part-time work for me which would free up some time to “market” Ledford Music Studio. I was hesitant but over the period of several months of prayer and earnest seeking I began to feel at peace with the idea.

The following weekend (after my meeting with the CEO) I was offered an opportunity to substitute teach for 2 different school districts, with orientation the next week and the possibility of subbing at least 2-3 times a week and the pay would be equivalent to a part-time job. I was also given the opportunity to meet with a family that needs someone to watch their son during the summer months only…since substitute teaching is basically non-existent during the summer I felt this might be the Lord opening doors. After much prayer, Aaron and I decided it was God opening a door for Ledford Music Studio’s growth. I returned to work Monday morning and gave my 2 weeks’ notice.

Since that moment I have felt nothing but peace. Even though we aren’t sure about “steady” pay, insurance and several other things I believe the Lord is directing our path. This is my final week here at CGI, Inc. and I am somewhat “heavy-hearted”. I have been here just over a year and have developed friendships with several of the people. I pray that God will use me in a mighty way this week to leave a lasting impression of God’s grace.

Ledford Music Studio currently has 2 students, but with a “huge” marking “campaign” about to happen in the following weeks the hope is those 2 will double or even triple.

Until later…

No comments: